The tick season is imminent: even a pinch can be seriously ill. In recent years, the incidence of viral encephalitis and meningitis has increased significantly in several countries.
Why do you have more and more ticks from year to year?Many are aware that from spring to autumn, active blood cells are better avoided, but fewer people know that infections transmitted by ticks can result in serious, life-threatening physical activity. in the parks, the playgrounds are also lively
- Due to failure of examination, adults are at increased risk
- It is not possible to know in advance what causes serious encephalitis virus infections
- The extent of tick-borne encephalitis infections and possible brain lesions is not medically controlled
- There are unique countries where the incidence of tick-borne encephalitis has risen to several times over the millennium
- In more severe cases, the illness is associated with serious illness, and one-third of patients in hospital need to leave their job easily. venous encephalitis and meningitis elхfordulбsa. Experts point out that in about one-third of cases, there is no cure for tick-borne encephalitis, which is a serious course and in many cases, with serious residual symptoms, the only effective remedy is vaccination. The earlier it is advisable to start protection against parasites, so you can develop a high degree of protection before the spring season begins. This is a problem because ticks spread a number of dangerous human beings. Two of the most well-known and most dangerous diseases transmitted by red blood parasites are virulent encephalitis and lyme disease. Lyme infection, which is untreated, has been reported nationally last year, with 1392 cases. About 10-12,000 cases of tick-borne encephalitis worldwide are reported every year, but the actual case rate is far higher than that, "he said. dr. Farkas Viktor pediatric neurologist, Semmelweis University, Hungary Pediatric Clinic The chief physician of the Department of Pediatric Neurology and EEG is holding a press conference at the Arboretum. The primary reason for this is that only one in three infections with a clear clinical manifestation, about 30% of those affected do not check for ticks and do not seek medical attention. " the number of tick-borne encephalitis cases has fallen in most European countries the incidence of the disease is strongly increasing. Magyarorszбgon йrdemben did not vбltozott the elmъlt йvekben the reported cases szбma but pйldбul Йsztorszбgban the ezredfordulуra the incidence of 1950-1975 kцzцtti idхszak rose almost szбzszorosбra, Lengyelorszбgban the nцvekedйs was tнzszeres, цtszцrцs Csehorszбgban, Nйmetorszбgban the 2000 йvek and megduplбzуdott under elsх йvtizede in my case, growth in Switzerland during the same period was nearly threefold. On the continent (not counting in Russia) 3,000 hospital admissions occurred every year due to confirmed tick encephalitis.
Serious cases come to life
It's hard to escape
Prevention with vaccinationThe importance of preventing tick-borne encephalitis has been urged by both domestic and international health organizations, with a year of vaccination recommended by the National Center for Epidemiology. There are currently two types of vaccines in Hungary, both of which have children and adolescent versions.Dr. Pytta Gyцrgy, chairman of the Association of Home Pediatricians, drew attention: "The basic immunization three doses of vaccine sometimes the first vaccine should be added 1-3 months after the first vaccination, and then the third vaccination, 5-12 months or 9-12 months later, depending on the vaccine. For proper protection, a complete line of basic immunization should be given, but a vaccine is not sufficient on its own. " For children who received the first two doses last year, I make sure that the third dose of the vaccine line is given this time, and if it is due because 3 years have passed, they will receive the repeat vaccination. " It's really worth thinking about, since the infection must occur before the spring activity period of the ticks, ie before April. Therefore, the vaccine line should be started as early as possible so that a high level of protection can be created before the ticks are activated.Related articles:
- Everything you need to know about ticks
- Why are there more and more ticks?